Monday, March 10, 2008

It's Been A While

I am not quite sure what has happened in the past week, but I think that I just took a small computer vacation. But I am back now, I promise.


On second thought, what happened is that I purchased a button machine, went antiquing with Melissa in Pennsylvania, and dug my sewing machine out of the closet. I have been having a blast.


I am now making buttons as well as the flowers out of vintage table linens and they are going so well. {The excuse for purchasing the button machine is that I am using it for items for the wedding, which I am and you will see more on that later.} I began selling them at Red Tree as well and have been getting some really good responses. JP is so excited that I have gotten my creative side back, and he is being so accepting of the fact that the house has turned into a studio with all of my things spread out everywhere. He even took interest in the buttons and has picked out a few for himself.



For a while now I have been on a clutch kick. Sadly, all of the ones that I fall madly in love with are way out of my price range, such is life. So I decided to just go right ahead and start making some myself. When I was in PA with Melissa a few weekends ago gathering goods for the wedding I also picked up a great tea towel. It turned out that it transitioned really nicely into a clutch.



I chose a quilted nylon fabric, that was originally used for monogrammed flask covers that I gifted on New Years Eve in Telluride a few years ago. {Sorry no pictures, but they were really cute} At any rate, I am fairly happy with my first attempt at clutch making. I really want Melissa to give me a mini lesson, she makes beautiful ones, so that I have a better idea of what I am doing.

So that is what I have been up to, for the most part. We have started receiving RSVP's and it is so fun to open the mail box every day and see what has come in. So far the positives are winning. We also received out first gift, such fun!

We are off to NYC for a night at the end of the week for Fawad's opening and just used price line to book our hotel. I love price line, we got such a great rate and a hotel that I think should be some fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kohli, Love your blog, and the buttons.
Randy (Dad)

My Sweet & Saucy said...

I just found your blog through Garnish and love it! That clutch you made is beautiful! Happy Blogging!