Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dude Day

So in a nod to the super bowl, which I do not really care about, but my better half does, I thought that I would share a great recipe for today. We had this last night for dinner, and really enjoyed it, as we always do. I am not really sure where the recipe is from, my mom gave it to me after we had it at her house and loved it, so sorry about that. I hope that you enjoy it as much as we have.

Chicken Wings with Spicy Apricot Sauce

4 1/2 pounds chicken wings with tips cut off
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup apricot preserves
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove smashed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, I did not have this so I used chili power and it worked well


Preheat the broiler, and line a baking pan with tin foil. Place and cookie cooling rack on pan and oil it lightly. In a bowl combine the olive oil, pepper and 2 teaspoons of the salt, add the chicken wings and toss to coat. Place them on the rack and broil for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn one time.

In a new bowl combine the apricot preserves, lime juice, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Brush each cooked wing with sauce to coat and return to the broiler for another 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the wings and brush the other side, cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat this round of coating and flipping each side one more time.

Serve hot and with plenty of strong napkins.

Serves 4

Hope you all have a great pig skin day!




No comments: